Thursday 15 May 2014

Apnea Total Master Course

Now that I've stopped studying and started working, I have more time (though it's never enough) to dedicate to my favorite hobby ... Freediving!!

Me at my first ever freediving competition in 2012 - the Andaman Freediving Challenge
Earlier this year, I started the Master Course freediver with Apnea Total on Koh Tao, spending two weeks training with them. Needless to say, I thoroughly enjoyed it :) 

The Apnea Total boat
The crew at Apnea Total are very professional and experienced, I learned so many new things and now have a deeper understanding (pun intended!) of this extreme sport that I am addicted to.



Within about a week and a half of training, the which consisted of dry land exercises and dive sessions once a day, I hit a depth of 41m doing free immersion (pulling oneself down a rope), a 6m improvement on my depth PB of 35m (though this was constant weight using a monofin -  a different discipline) the which I set last year in April. Slow progress (hopefully this will change) but that was my first time training depth after I set the last PB.



Nothing makes me happier than freediving... (though surfing is a close second!)



Hopefully I have the chance to finish my Master Course and become an instructor soon!




No comments :

Post a Comment