Saturday 28 March 2015

After 1.5 years... the MDC PoolMaster Apnea Challenge

One of the things I love about freediving is the fact that I get to meet many people of interesting backgrounds... In KL for the competition this time round, I met an arborist, a nurse physician-to-be currently teaching schoolkids in the jungle somewhere in Burma, an ex-body builder/pole dancer/aerial hooper and now freediver, among many others whom I'm sure have cool stories I haven't had a chance to hear yet!

Me at the start of DYN event 


The MDC PoolMaster Apnea Challenge was my first competition after a hiatus of 1.5 years. And it was indeed a unique challenge, with all 3 pool events in one day! Congratulations to all competitors on your stellar performances and thanks to the judges and especially organizers.. Organizing a competition is not easy, let alone one that ran so smoothly! Here are the results:


Congrats to all Pool Masters! 


I didn't do quite as well as I hoped in terms of distance, but that has lead me to think about the way I've been training and I think I've identified the problem. So there's only one way to go from here... forward!


I did get a cool uw MP3 player... which is great cos the one I bought recently didn't work pretty much from day 1! "Bone conduction audio" should be interesting...  

I'm looking forward to the next competition!

Check out more photos from the MDC PoolMasters Challenge on the organizer's facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/divher

No comments :

Post a Comment