Friday 31 October 2014

New monofin!






Look what has arrived!! My brand new custom made Powerfin!!  It actually arrived weeks and weeks ago but I only got to try it out yesterday due to unforeseen circumstances. But when I finally tried it in the pool, it went preeetty well!

I tried out a few different styles of kicking, just to see which might be the best for efficiency.
Here's a comparison:

From past training records, I have done:
- 50m with my short diving fins - continuous kicks with reasonable power put into each kick - 27 kicks completed in 50s
- 100m with my old Mat Mas training monofin would take around 1min 45s, didn't count the number of kicks unfortunately

Yesterday, I did a series of 50m with new mono (2 attempts each):
1) Continuous kicking at slow and steady pace - 25 kicks in 50s
2) 1 kick 1 glide with more power put into each kick - 12 kicks in 50s
3) 2 kicks 1 glide with power in each kick - 15 kicks in 42s

I'm still unsure as to which is the best for me... I think a series of 100m is in order! Freedivers out there, any thoughts and advice?


No comments :

Post a Comment